Have a support query in relation to your Shimmer equipment or solutions?
Please check if your query has already been addressed in:
If you cannot find an answer or solution to your question, our engineers are happy to help, within the scope of our support policy.
Shimmer – Support Policy
Shimmer platforms enable a wide variety of researchers to explore a variety of application including wearable sensing and wireless communication. We are committed to transparency in explaining how our systems work, what they can and cannot do, and why, and providing and actively maintaining a huge body of product documentation. Obviously, these assets cannot substitute for dedicated training or appropriate technical staffing.
We provide guidance-by-example. We provide all customers with tools to validate the capabilities of our products upon arrival.
Support does not include:
- support for 3rd party hardware, software, mailing lists or web content.
- writing or debugging customer applications and deployments.
- detailed explanations of the engineering principles behind our software and hardware.
- support for systemic problems beyond the scope of the actual shimmer devices and existing systems software (IT issues, computer operation).
- support for customers whose conduct fails to meet professional standards.
Occasionally we engage in more interactive support or consulting. Interactive support is a customer courtesy and provided at our discretion. It does not invalidate the support policy described above. There is no guarantee of performance, timeliness, or establishment of a continuous support relationship. Consulting is subject to acceptance of a formal statement of work.